Local Electrical Repair & Installation Service
If you're looking for a local electrician in Mukwonago, your search ends with O'Leary Plumbing, Heating & Electrical. Our electrical division is led by a licensed Master Electrician with many years of experience in the safe repair, installation, and maintenance of electrical systems. We've been providing the greater Milwaukee area with top-quality services since 1958, and during that time we have earned the trust of numerous happy customers. We invite you to check out our reviews, and if you like what you see, give us a call to schedule a service!
Why Choose O'Leary?
- Family owned & operated for 65+ years
- Financing options available
- Personalized solutions
- Competitive pricing
Schedule your next electrical service in Mukwonago when you call (262) 314-4566.
O'Leary Plumbing, Heating & Electrical offers a wide range of quality residential and commercial electrical services to our neighbors in Mukwonago.
Call today for help with:
- Lighting Installation & Repairs
- Outlets & Switches
- Service Panel Upgrades
- Electrical Repairs & Maintenance
- Electrical Safety Inspections
- Security Lighting Installation
- EV Charger Installation
- Electrical Wiring
- Pool, Spa & Dock/Pier Lighting
- Ethernet Wiring
- And More
Signs You Need to Call an Electrician
Recognizing when to call an electrician is crucial for ensuring safety and preventing electrical hazards. Signs like flickering lights, frequent tripped circuit breakers, sparking outlets, or a burning smell indicate potential issues. Dimming lights when using appliances, non-functioning switches, and outdated wiring are also red flags. If you experience any of these warning signs, it's time to call a licensed electrician. Ignoring such problems can lead to dangerous situations, making professional intervention essential to maintain a secure and functional electrical system in your home or business.
Be on the lookout for these common electrical problems:
- Frequent Circuit Breaker Tripping: This could be caused by overloaded circuits, short circuits, or ground faults. It's a safety feature, but if it's happening often, it needs attention.
- Flickering Lights: This might be due to loose bulbs, connections, or a problem with the electrical wiring. It's important to identify the root cause to prevent potential hazards.
- Power Outages: These can stem from various sources, such as storms, faulty wiring, or issues with the utility company. Consistent or recurring outages require professional assessment.
- Dead Outlets or Switches: If an outlet or switch stops working, it could be due to a wiring issue, a faulty outlet/switch, or a tripped GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) outlet.
- Electrical Shocks: Experiencing mild shocks when touching switches or outlets could indicate a grounding problem or faulty wiring, which needs immediate attention.
- High Energy Bills: Unexpectedly high energy bills might result from inefficient appliances, poor insulation, or wiring problems that cause energy wastage.
- Buzzing or Sizzling Sounds: Unusual noises from outlets, switches, or the electrical panel may suggest loose connections or electrical arcing, both of which require investigation.
- Overheating Outlets or Switches: Warm or hot outlets/switches could be a sign of dangerous wiring issues that need to be addressed immediately.
- Sparks or Burning Odors: Sparks or burning odors from outlets or switches indicate serious problems that can lead to fires. Turn off the power and seek professional help.
- Old Wiring: Outdated or deteriorating wiring, common in older homes, can pose safety risks. Upgrading the wiring is often necessary to ensure safety and compliance.