East Troy Garbage Disposal Repair
Fast & Professional Repair Services in Walworth County and the Surrounding Areas
A garbage disposal makes kitchen cleanup easier and reduces food waste, which has environmental benefits. If the garbage disposal gets clogged or stops working, call O'Leary Plumbing & Heating, Inc. Our family owned and operated company has provided garbage disposal repair in East Troy and the surrounding communities since 1958.
Call (262) 314-4566 to schedule service and get your garbage disposal running again.
When to Fix or Replace a Garbage Disposal
Garbage disposals often show subtle signs of a problem before breaking down completely. Any reduction in performance or other trouble should be handled right away, because a delay in repairing your unit could result in the need for replacement.
Your garbage disposal is in need of repair when it:
- Takes too long to grind food – If your disposal is taking longer than a few seconds to grind food, blade sharpening or replacement may be needed.
- Leaks – If you have noticed water pooling under the sink or on the floor, the garbage disposal or a pipe may need repair.
- Doesn’t turn on – You can check to make sure the circuit breaker hasn’t tripped before calling a professional for garbage disposal repair or replacement.
- Strange sounds or odors – If your garbage disposal is suddenly making a loud grinding sound or always smells bad, it is time to schedule professional service.
If you are having any of the above issues or a different problem with your garbage disposal, it is best to call a professional.
Repair for All Brands
If your garbage disposal isn’t getting the job done, has a clog, or has stopped working completely, our plumbers provide garbage disposal repair for all brands. We start with an expert evaluation of your garbage disposal to uncover the source of the problem and complete the repair as quickly as possible.
The average garbage disposal can be expected to last about 10 years. When your disposal is older than that or repair is not possible, we offer garbage disposal replacement. Generally, a garbage disposal that constantly has to be reset or has a blown motor or corrosion may need to be replaced. Our technicians can replace your garbage disposal with a high quality unit for reliable performance and durability.
Maintaining Your Garbage Disposal
A malfunctioning garbage disposal is frustrating and inconvenient. Unfortunately, a garbage disposal that is not properly maintained is more likely to break down and wear out faster. If you want to maximize the life of your unit and minimize the need for repair, treat the disposal with care. Avoid overfilling the disposal and keep pasta, corn husks, potato skins, and other fibrous food waste out of the disposal.
Keep your garbage disposal in good shape by following a few simple maintenance tips:
- Use cold water when grinding food
- Run the water before, during, and after running the disposal
- Grind ice in the garbage disposal to help keep it clean
- Clean the unit with soapy water
- Put citrus peels through the disposal to prevent unpleasant odors
Caring for your garbage disposal will help it run more reliably, but problems can still happen. Any malfunction or performance issues should be dealt with immediately. If you notice a slow drain or the disposal taking longer to grind food waste, call to schedule repair to prevent bigger problems from developing.
If your garbage disposal is clogged or not working right, call (262) 314-4566 to request garbage disposal repair service.
Licensed, Bonded & Insured
Don't gamble with your property. Trust our licensed, bonded and insured technicians to take care of your home.
Family Owned & Operated
For three generations, our family owned and operated company has been serving East Troy & the surrounding areas.
Backed by Over 60 Years of Experience
Our seasoned technicians have the skills, experience, and follow-through to complete even the most complex repairs.
24/7 Emergency Services Available
Day or night, our friendly technicians and staff are here to provide top-tier heating, plumbing, or cooling solutions.